Skip to main content

Day-2 - Malacca, Putrajaya, and Kuala Lumpur

I woke up quite early at my homestay in Malacca. I forgot to tell you that i stayed there with 4 of my friends, one of my teachers, and this ASEAN guy. After I woke up, I got myself ready. I felt the need to buy something so me and 3 of my friends (because 1 was still asleep) walked t 7Eleven to buy something. In the end I ended up buying a canned coffee. Which is a good thing of course.
After it got lighter that day, we took off to this Malacca River or something (I honestly don't know it's name). But we were there to cruise the river. It was nice there, in the cruising boat. You can feel the breeze while sightseeing the colonial-styled buildings at the side of the river. After we cruised for some time and reached quite some distance, we stopped somewhere along the river. We then got out of the boat. It turned out we stop in front of some kind of a governmental building in the colonial era. There was also a church beside the building. In fact those two structures look like one (if you get what I mean). After taking photos there, we walked to our bus. The distance between our bus and our present location is like 500 m apart. So we walked there whilst enjoying the views. We eventually got there and soon took off for Putrajaya. It's a city that serves as the federal administrative center of Malaysia. Even so, it is not quite a city yet.
When we arrived at Putrajaya, the first structure we attended was the mosque. We prayed there. But before and after praying I was enjoying my state of amazement concerning the structure itself. It was majestic. Like seriously. I don't if I said those words just because Indonesia is that bad at infrastructures or because that sight is just rare. But anyway, after we're done, we went to the Putrajaya International Convention Centre. It is located a little further from the federal buildings but it was also on a higher ground so we could get a perfect view of Putrajaya from there. On the way there, I continued to be amazed by the structures. There were tall buildings lining up on our way there. Indonesia has nothing like these. I felt amazed but also ashamed to be honest. Anyway, when we arrived at the PICC, the view was dazzling. You could see the actual shape of Putrajaya which is basically like some kind of an island surrounded by a lake. I don't know if it's built or natural but it sure is awesome. I took lots of photos there.
After we we're done in Putrajaya, we were set to go to Kuala Lumpur. I don't remember how long it took t arrive at KL but I'm sure it didn't take that long. If anything, it's the traffic. Our first destination as soon as we got to KL was the KL Tower. It functions as a communication tower and it's also the highest viewpoint open to public at Kuala Lumpur. Me and my group went up to sightsee. We used a lift to reach the sightsee level or whatever it's called. It was amazing there. The sky outside was quite cloudy but we could still see pretty much everything from up there without too much sunlight. There are telescopes up there provided to the visitors. It has a pretty large zoom rate. So it was nice up there. So nice.
After we're done up there, we headed down and back inside the bus to head to our hotel in Bukit Bintang. It was a budget hotel called "YY38". We only went there to put our luggage. After that me and my room mates went to an Indian restaurant just outside of the hotel to eat dinner. After we had dinner it was shopping time. Me and my friends decided to go to the Pavilion. It is the biggest shopping mall around. We went in around 7.30 and had an agreement to meet outside at 10 pm.
I'm not a shopaholic so I stuck with one of my friends that is also not a shopaholic. We looked around the mall for, I don't know, just to get a walk I guess. But me and him, we literally didn't find anything interesting and worth buying. Let alone with the price that's sky high. So we went out rather early. We had absolutely nothing to do, our room keys were with our other friends (which are still shopping), and we were so bored, so we decided to get something to eat. There's a 7Eleven near the hotel so we decided to go there. There, I bought this cold food that you need to heat with the microwave there. We then went outside to get seated and started enjoying our meals. We chatted until time goes by. After it was close to 10 pm, we headed back to the hotel and waited for our other friends to get back. They got back like 10 minutes after we entered the hotel's lobby. So then we went to our rooms and got some rest, and that marks the end of day-2. It was a nice day.

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech Script: Being an Introvert

Hey, Guys. I thought I'll share another speech script today. I used this script when I was competing in a competition held by a Senior High in Bantul, Yogyakarta Special Area. I got 1st in that competition so I think this one is pretty good. And I also wanna say that in this speech script I slipped in a little personal story of mine. So it's gonna be a little hard if you're going to copy it haha... So here you go. I’ve always felt that I’m different compared to most people. At least compared to most students in my school. On break time, they like to gather in groups and gossip about someone or chat about the current trends. I prefer not to. If I necessarily have to get involved in a group chat outside my class, I always try not to do the unnecessary. Not to talk too much. Some people say that I’m shy and weird. Some even say I’m arrogant and antisocial. The truth is, I’m an “introvert”. So ladies and gentlemen, the honourable judges, and my fellow competitors, this morn...

High School: Initial Thoughts

I haven't been blogging for like 2 months. And I apologise for that (even though I'm not quite sure whether I have any loyal readers out there). But anyway, let me update you about my current situation. So I graduated from middle school or junior high school or whatever (which is a good thing) and I graduated with relatively great grades (which is a very good). I then applied for the best high school in Yogyakarta (in terms of passing grade) and I eventually made it. I am incredibly grateful for that series of very fortunate events. But I can't help but feel a bit nervous and scared of what's to come. Now I don't know how big of a fish I am. But what I know is that I chose to be in the big pond and I currently am in the big pond. Not only that, but I'm also in this pond with loads of other fishes. None of them seems to be friendly. There are threats that I might not perform well or that I might look like a complete idiot just because I chose to be among the ge...

My Not So Professional Take on Indonesia's Education System

    So recently I just had this little realisation. I was about to call it an epiphany but I thought using that word would be a dramatisation, so for the moment let's just call it a minor realisation. So I live in Indonesia which if you don't know already, is a developing country. We have so many things to be proud about like our astonishingly diverse culture and our unique culinary taste. But education isn't one of those things. Education is far from those things. Like our education sucks. I don't exactly know the reason to that. I mean I haven't done a research or anything but I might have some ideas and hypotheses to the situation. The human resource, the gap between islands Firstly, I think the problem comes from the not-so-advanced framework of the whole education system itself. Indonesia comes 4th globally in terms of population. There's about 250 million of us. And yet, our education system doesn't have enough human resource to support...