Skip to main content

Accomplishments are Always About The Hard Work?

They say that if you want something really bad you gotta work really hard. That notion has always been planted in me since I was little. Whether it's by my parents, teachers, idk you name it. They say that an accomplishment is always about the hard work. And so when there's a test coming up at school my classmates always study real hard. Almost too hard if I'm honest. Pile of books, late nights, those kinda stuff. I just happen to be one of those people who don't actually put in that much effort but I seem to appear somewhere at the middle-high rank. Well, okay, you might argue that's because of luckiness or because I might be talented or whatever. But to be honest, I don't think so.


http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/9Tz/o9a/9Tzo9anXc.jpeg

You see, compared to my other friends, you can say that I'm like one of the laziest. And lazy people are almost certainly born with a major disadvantage if it weren't for the fact that they seem to figure out the "easy way" of things. I'm not talking about cheats or those kinda stuff. I'm talking about methods. Effective methods. You can apply brute force to your axe to chop down a tree but you can also sharpen your axe every now and then so that you don't need to apply as much force.

Finding methods that work best with you is as important as that hard work itself. That's definitely a thing that is true in life but our mentors don't really tell us that. So find your method and then work hard on that. I know very little about life but I'm pretty sure that's how you win it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech Script: Being an Introvert

Hey, Guys. I thought I'll share another speech script today. I used this script when I was competing in a competition held by a Senior High in Bantul, Yogyakarta Special Area. I got 1st in that competition so I think this one is pretty good. And I also wanna say that in this speech script I slipped in a little personal story of mine. So it's gonna be a little hard if you're going to copy it haha... So here you go. I’ve always felt that I’m different compared to most people. At least compared to most students in my school. On break time, they like to gather in groups and gossip about someone or chat about the current trends. I prefer not to. If I necessarily have to get involved in a group chat outside my class, I always try not to do the unnecessary. Not to talk too much. Some people say that I’m shy and weird. Some even say I’m arrogant and antisocial. The truth is, I’m an “introvert”. So ladies and gentlemen, the honourable judges, and my fellow competitors, this morn...

High School: Initial Thoughts

I haven't been blogging for like 2 months. And I apologise for that (even though I'm not quite sure whether I have any loyal readers out there). But anyway, let me update you about my current situation. So I graduated from middle school or junior high school or whatever (which is a good thing) and I graduated with relatively great grades (which is a very good). I then applied for the best high school in Yogyakarta (in terms of passing grade) and I eventually made it. I am incredibly grateful for that series of very fortunate events. But I can't help but feel a bit nervous and scared of what's to come. Now I don't know how big of a fish I am. But what I know is that I chose to be in the big pond and I currently am in the big pond. Not only that, but I'm also in this pond with loads of other fishes. None of them seems to be friendly. There are threats that I might not perform well or that I might look like a complete idiot just because I chose to be among the ge...

My Not So Professional Take on Indonesia's Education System

    So recently I just had this little realisation. I was about to call it an epiphany but I thought using that word would be a dramatisation, so for the moment let's just call it a minor realisation. So I live in Indonesia which if you don't know already, is a developing country. We have so many things to be proud about like our astonishingly diverse culture and our unique culinary taste. But education isn't one of those things. Education is far from those things. Like our education sucks. I don't exactly know the reason to that. I mean I haven't done a research or anything but I might have some ideas and hypotheses to the situation. The human resource, the gap between islands Firstly, I think the problem comes from the not-so-advanced framework of the whole education system itself. Indonesia comes 4th globally in terms of population. There's about 250 million of us. And yet, our education system doesn't have enough human resource to support...