Skip to main content

What's Next?


It's been a long time since I've written another post. A lot of things have happened since then. I believe the last time I posted something on this blog, I was in the middle of my studies and I was in no mood of sharing anything to any medium or audience whatsoever. I was in a bit of a hectic situation and my focus was all over the place. But thankfully, now that things have settled down, I want to write a blog post that serves as an update and also as a sharing medium where I intend to put my plans for the future on the table for everyone to see. I'm not sure what I'm trying to achieve through doing that but I hope it could and would give you readers out there a tiny bit of something.

In terms of my current academic situation, well, there is none. I am now thankfully free of any academic situation. I've finished all my duties in high school and I as of the 13th of May I have officially graduated from High School. It's been a wild 3 years and I really feel so relieved that I've finally met the finish line. All the late night and early morning routines will be put on a pause now and I can take a really deep breath without having to worry whether a corner of my brain would be aching the next minute or not. It really is a free sensation. The sensation is only amplified by the fact that I am also lucky enough to be accepted in one of the best universities in Indonesia without having to participate in any form of test. I have been deemed qualified through my school grades. Of course, I feel a bit burdened by the fact that a lot of my friends don't share the same good fortune. But honestly, on a personal level, it really feels good to be able to just breathe. I feel light as a feather and I'm grateful for that.

However, what bothers me about this condition that I'm in is the fact that I currently do not have a goal to pursue. The absence of this "goal" kind of bothers me. It bothers me up to a point where I feel like I don't even have an urgency to wake up every morning. Perhaps it sounds like a backlash compared to the previous paragraphs. And that's the thing. I'm not sure how to explain it.

I think there are a certain number of people who can't function without a goal in their lives. A purpose, if you like it that way. I don't necessarily consider myself as one of those people. I'm not sure I am. But even so, I certainly exhibit the symptoms.

That "longing" for purpose persuaded me to try and find something to do. Something to chase. I decided to apply for a part-time job as a barista at a local cafe. I have been working for a month now and so far I really enjoy it. With every passing day, I get to learn new things and meet new people. This new job gave me a chance to improve myself in ways that I couldn't have fathomed before. I look forward to continuing working perhaps until I start studying in Uni.

So I guess the lesson here is to not stop at a certain achievement. I believe that in order for us to keep improving as human beings, we have to stay hungry. With each purpose that we've fulfilled, we should always look out for more. I hope you agree with that as well :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech Script: Being an Introvert

Hey, Guys. I thought I'll share another speech script today. I used this script when I was competing in a competition held by a Senior High in Bantul, Yogyakarta Special Area. I got 1st in that competition so I think this one is pretty good. And I also wanna say that in this speech script I slipped in a little personal story of mine. So it's gonna be a little hard if you're going to copy it haha... So here you go. I’ve always felt that I’m different compared to most people. At least compared to most students in my school. On break time, they like to gather in groups and gossip about someone or chat about the current trends. I prefer not to. If I necessarily have to get involved in a group chat outside my class, I always try not to do the unnecessary. Not to talk too much. Some people say that I’m shy and weird. Some even say I’m arrogant and antisocial. The truth is, I’m an “introvert”. So ladies and gentlemen, the honourable judges, and my fellow competitors, this morn

Creating Contents and Getting it Out

Whether it's writing, typing, or making videos, getting stories out there into the public is a form of content creating. The stories in the form of words that you write or type and the videos that you film and produce will be seen by people and therefore your content would serve it's purpose. It could be an entertaining story, or something that has educational value, or anything. Content creating is very fun and it could "force" you to keep pushing your boundaries until you find new ones. Personally, I am a big fan of content creating. Youtube videos, blog writings, news, all that sort of stuff. I think it's one of the easiest ways of sharing positivity to other people around the world (although there are definitely pricks out there who uses this opportunity to spread negativity and fear). As long as you're contents are intended to affect people positively, content creating and content sharing would have so many benefits not only to the creator, but also to

Speech Script: Creativity, The Place Where Entrepreneurship Begins

So, hey guys! Today I thought that it's probably a good idea to share one of my speech scripts. This speech was made originally by me and was presented in the Sebelas Maret University for a speech competition held by SMU's English Student Association. On that occasion I got 3rd place and I was really happy about the script that I made. Anyway, I also want to say that the reason I shared this is because I wanted to help you guys who are trying to make a speech script. I don't want you guys to just copy this text, paste in Microsoft Word or something and print it because even though I wouldn't know, it's really easy for the judges (if you're going to participate in an English speech competition) to figure out whether the speech you're delivering is taken from the internet or not. I want you guys to be inspired and at least give you a little idea about what an ideal speech script looks like. However if you are still struggling then feel free to send me an e-ma