Skip to main content

High School: Initial Thoughts

I haven't been blogging for like 2 months. And I apologise for that (even though I'm not quite sure whether I have any loyal readers out there). But anyway, let me update you about my current situation. So I graduated from middle school or junior high school or whatever (which is a good thing) and I graduated with relatively great grades (which is a very good). I then applied for the best high school in Yogyakarta (in terms of passing grade) and I eventually made it. I am incredibly grateful for that series of very fortunate events. But I can't help but feel a bit nervous and scared of what's to come.

Now I don't know how big of a fish I am. But what I know is that I chose to be in the big pond and I currently am in the big pond. Not only that, but I'm also in this pond with loads of other fishes. None of them seems to be friendly. There are threats that I might not perform well or that I might look like a complete idiot just because I chose to be among the geniuses. And I can't help but wonder, should I have taken the "Big Fish Little Pond Effect" into consideration? Should I have applied for a slightly lower school in terms of passing grade?

Well the answer is, maybe. Because theoretically I should be able to perform better in a smaller pond with smaller fishes. But is it worth it? The little pond is a very safe place but it definitely has less potential than the bigger pond. There is a chance that I might struggle to perform in the big pond but because of the fact that is has more potentials, there is also a chance that I might be able to make progress along the way so that I might be able to be a better fish. Maybe that idea is worth keeping in mind.

I have absolutely no idea as to how the future might unfold. I also don't have any idea as to whether the events of the past happened due to extreme luckiness or not and whether I'm supposed to be where I am now. What I know is that in a field that is so competitive, I have to keep on reminding myself that if I make it through the challenges, then I might be able to emerge as a better human being all together. I have to keep on reminding myself the reason why I started. That is an idea that's worth holding onto. For me, that is an idea worth fighting for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech Script: Being an Introvert

Hey, Guys. I thought I'll share another speech script today. I used this script when I was competing in a competition held by a Senior High in Bantul, Yogyakarta Special Area. I got 1st in that competition so I think this one is pretty good. And I also wanna say that in this speech script I slipped in a little personal story of mine. So it's gonna be a little hard if you're going to copy it haha... So here you go. I’ve always felt that I’m different compared to most people. At least compared to most students in my school. On break time, they like to gather in groups and gossip about someone or chat about the current trends. I prefer not to. If I necessarily have to get involved in a group chat outside my class, I always try not to do the unnecessary. Not to talk too much. Some people say that I’m shy and weird. Some even say I’m arrogant and antisocial. The truth is, I’m an “introvert”. So ladies and gentlemen, the honourable judges, and my fellow competitors, this morn

Creating Contents and Getting it Out

Whether it's writing, typing, or making videos, getting stories out there into the public is a form of content creating. The stories in the form of words that you write or type and the videos that you film and produce will be seen by people and therefore your content would serve it's purpose. It could be an entertaining story, or something that has educational value, or anything. Content creating is very fun and it could "force" you to keep pushing your boundaries until you find new ones. Personally, I am a big fan of content creating. Youtube videos, blog writings, news, all that sort of stuff. I think it's one of the easiest ways of sharing positivity to other people around the world (although there are definitely pricks out there who uses this opportunity to spread negativity and fear). As long as you're contents are intended to affect people positively, content creating and content sharing would have so many benefits not only to the creator, but also to

Speech Script: Creativity, The Place Where Entrepreneurship Begins

So, hey guys! Today I thought that it's probably a good idea to share one of my speech scripts. This speech was made originally by me and was presented in the Sebelas Maret University for a speech competition held by SMU's English Student Association. On that occasion I got 3rd place and I was really happy about the script that I made. Anyway, I also want to say that the reason I shared this is because I wanted to help you guys who are trying to make a speech script. I don't want you guys to just copy this text, paste in Microsoft Word or something and print it because even though I wouldn't know, it's really easy for the judges (if you're going to participate in an English speech competition) to figure out whether the speech you're delivering is taken from the internet or not. I want you guys to be inspired and at least give you a little idea about what an ideal speech script looks like. However if you are still struggling then feel free to send me an e-ma