Skip to main content

Do you take notes in class?

Hi! It's been a hell of a long time, hasn't it? But here I am, finally back again. You know those people who make Blogs, writes on them, until they finally get either tired or bored or busy and their Blog gets deserted like the most quiet part of the Sahara? Well the first time I decided to make this Blog I was determined to not become that type of person. Anyway, I'm not really into a deep, philosophical talking right now. I'm in a more of a trivial mood if there even is such a thing. And in having this mood, a question just hatched at the top of my head.

Do you take notes in class? I mean seriously. Do you take notes when you're studying or do you make notes of what your teacher writes on tho front board? Because I do. But I never revisit my notes. I have a number of friends that like to take notes of everything that has been either spoken or written in class. Some of them even go to extensive methods when it comes to note-taking e.g. buying expensive stationery, making their notes as attractive and colorful as possible, etc. In some cases, I can even be categorised into that group. Although, not for reasons that you might think.

To me, when it comes to taking notes, there's only one purpose. And it isn't to be able to revisit them at a later time or when an exam comes up. But simply to try to understand and make a memory of that information. The process of looking at the white board that my teacher writes on, observing what they write, memorising it in my brain for a brief moment, before scribbling it on my paper in the form of ink, helps me understand and remember the information that is being discussed at that particular class. Sometimes I even forget about immediately taking notes and just take a photograph of the board so that I can make my notes later at home in a more conducive environment. When exams come, I rarely look back into my notes. Most of the time I just scour the internet to look up the materials and study them or I just study it directly from my textbook. It's weird really. In fact, even if I had to go back into my notes for some reason, I don't always find them that useful and effective.

Image result for taking notes in class stock photos

I told you this was gonna be trivial. But anyways, now that I've written about it, I wonder whether there are even more unique reasons for people to take notes. I mean my experience isn't particularly weird. I'm sure a lot of people are like me when it comes to taking notes. But there must be a lot more unique people out there. Right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech Script: Being an Introvert

Hey, Guys. I thought I'll share another speech script today. I used this script when I was competing in a competition held by a Senior High in Bantul, Yogyakarta Special Area. I got 1st in that competition so I think this one is pretty good. And I also wanna say that in this speech script I slipped in a little personal story of mine. So it's gonna be a little hard if you're going to copy it haha... So here you go. I’ve always felt that I’m different compared to most people. At least compared to most students in my school. On break time, they like to gather in groups and gossip about someone or chat about the current trends. I prefer not to. If I necessarily have to get involved in a group chat outside my class, I always try not to do the unnecessary. Not to talk too much. Some people say that I’m shy and weird. Some even say I’m arrogant and antisocial. The truth is, I’m an “introvert”. So ladies and gentlemen, the honourable judges, and my fellow competitors, this morn

Creating Contents and Getting it Out

Whether it's writing, typing, or making videos, getting stories out there into the public is a form of content creating. The stories in the form of words that you write or type and the videos that you film and produce will be seen by people and therefore your content would serve it's purpose. It could be an entertaining story, or something that has educational value, or anything. Content creating is very fun and it could "force" you to keep pushing your boundaries until you find new ones. Personally, I am a big fan of content creating. Youtube videos, blog writings, news, all that sort of stuff. I think it's one of the easiest ways of sharing positivity to other people around the world (although there are definitely pricks out there who uses this opportunity to spread negativity and fear). As long as you're contents are intended to affect people positively, content creating and content sharing would have so many benefits not only to the creator, but also to

Speech Script: Creativity, The Place Where Entrepreneurship Begins

So, hey guys! Today I thought that it's probably a good idea to share one of my speech scripts. This speech was made originally by me and was presented in the Sebelas Maret University for a speech competition held by SMU's English Student Association. On that occasion I got 3rd place and I was really happy about the script that I made. Anyway, I also want to say that the reason I shared this is because I wanted to help you guys who are trying to make a speech script. I don't want you guys to just copy this text, paste in Microsoft Word or something and print it because even though I wouldn't know, it's really easy for the judges (if you're going to participate in an English speech competition) to figure out whether the speech you're delivering is taken from the internet or not. I want you guys to be inspired and at least give you a little idea about what an ideal speech script looks like. However if you are still struggling then feel free to send me an e-ma