Skip to main content

Speech Script: Creativity, The Place Where Entrepreneurship Begins

So, hey guys! Today I thought that it's probably a good idea to share one of my speech scripts. This speech was made originally by me and was presented in the Sebelas Maret University for a speech competition held by SMU's English Student Association. On that occasion I got 3rd place and I was really happy about the script that I made. Anyway, I also want to say that the reason I shared this is because I wanted to help you guys who are trying to make a speech script. I don't want you guys to just copy this text, paste in Microsoft Word or something and print it because even though I wouldn't know, it's really easy for the judges (if you're going to participate in an English speech competition) to figure out whether the speech you're delivering is taken from the internet or not. I want you guys to be inspired and at least give you a little idea about what an ideal speech script looks like. However if you are still struggling then feel free to send me an e-mail and I'll try to reply as quick and as best as I could. So here you go :)

Creativity, The Place Where Entrepreneurship Begins

Good morning to the honorable judges, ladies and gentlemen, and also to my fellow competitors. First of all, I have to say that I’m thrilled and excited to compete in this speech competition. But enough of the chit-chat, right now, I’m going to deliver my speech entitled “Creativity, The Place Where Entrepreneurship Begins”.
Entrepreneurship. What is an entrepreneur? The definition of an “entrepreneur” is quite complex. I’m sure if we gather all the definitions from all the people in this room then we’ll get loads of different definitions, even though most of them wouldn’t differ so much. But basically it’s somebody who’s willing to think differently, and in the end, willing to realise their ideas.
But of course, to be an entrepreneur you can’t just pick a random problem, spend some time thinking on it, and hope to find the solution so that in the end you’ll be considered as an entrepreneur. You need to get the whole ingredients in the recipe, just like any delicious dish in this world. Among all the other ingredients, there is one important ingredient. It’s called creativity. Without creativity there is no way in the world that you could be an entrepreneur. It’s the air that entrepreneurs breathe. It’s fundamental. But by the way, what is creativity? According to the Oxford Dictionaries, creativity is the use of imagination or original ideas to create something.
But even after we’ve known the definition of creativity, there’s still a problem. How do you be creative? Is creativity a talent or can you develop it? If yes, then how? Well basically there are many ways to enhance and develop creativity and it would be a waste of time if I explain the lot of it here. But for me, personally, my creativity comes when I feel comfortable and under control. Because I’m an introvert (that means I don’t really fancy social interactions), I like to spend time alone in my room while I listen to music and it’s at that time that I feel my creativity is most likely to come. So the point is, find your comfortable situation and creativity would be more than happy to come.
Now that we’ve got that matter figured out, here’s the next question. What does creativity have to do with entrepreneurship? One of the key factors that could determine if someone’s an entrepreneur or not is their ideas. Normal ideas come from thoughts. Rather simple ones. But an entrepreneur’s idea comes from creativity. So creativity is, without question, fundamentally important in the process of being and developing entrepreneurship.
Now, as you would expect, we still have questions that need answering. The question that I got next is, “Why would you want to develop entrepreneurship?” For me, this question is really interesting. I think entrepreneurs are assets. Valuable ones. They have the power to change. In this case, they have the power to change our nation, Indonesia. We’ve seen a lot of entrepreneurs reach success, some of them huge. Steve Jobs, the cofounder, chairman, and CEO of Apple; Bill Gates, technology advisor for Microsoft, Co-Chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; Howard Schultz, the chairman and CEO of Starbucks; Sam Walton, founder of Walmart; and there’s still many many more awesome entrepreneurs out there. They could make loads of money, inspire others, and by many ways help their nations.
Our nation needs these people. Imagine how much power we possess if we had people like them. I mean I’m not trying to say that we don’t have any entrepreneurs. We have for instance, Erick Thohir, the owner of Inter Milan, D. C. United, and Persib Bandung; Susi Pudjiastuti, the founder and owner of Susi Brand and Susi Air; Hary Tanoesoedibjo, the CEO of MNC Group; Chairul Tanjung, the founder of Trans TV and holds the CT Corp Company; and I assume many more. The Indonesian youngsters need to learn more from them. In fact, they need to be more than them. Imagine how great our economy would be if we could realise that. Just imagine.
So at the end of this speech, I want to give you my point. What I’m trying to say is that entrepreneurship is properly important. Not only for ourselves but for the people around us too. We need to utilise our creativity and use it as a very powerful tool to create and develop entrepreneurship. Because as I said at the beginning, creativity is one of the foundations for developing entrepreneurship. Only by then, we could make the idea of our future Indonesia a reality. So, creativity for entrepreneurship? I’d say “Why not?!” and I hope you guys would say the same. Thanks for listening...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech Script: Being an Introvert

Hey, Guys. I thought I'll share another speech script today. I used this script when I was competing in a competition held by a Senior High in Bantul, Yogyakarta Special Area. I got 1st in that competition so I think this one is pretty good. And I also wanna say that in this speech script I slipped in a little personal story of mine. So it's gonna be a little hard if you're going to copy it haha... So here you go. I’ve always felt that I’m different compared to most people. At least compared to most students in my school. On break time, they like to gather in groups and gossip about someone or chat about the current trends. I prefer not to. If I necessarily have to get involved in a group chat outside my class, I always try not to do the unnecessary. Not to talk too much. Some people say that I’m shy and weird. Some even say I’m arrogant and antisocial. The truth is, I’m an “introvert”. So ladies and gentlemen, the honourable judges, and my fellow competitors, this morn

Creating Contents and Getting it Out

Whether it's writing, typing, or making videos, getting stories out there into the public is a form of content creating. The stories in the form of words that you write or type and the videos that you film and produce will be seen by people and therefore your content would serve it's purpose. It could be an entertaining story, or something that has educational value, or anything. Content creating is very fun and it could "force" you to keep pushing your boundaries until you find new ones. Personally, I am a big fan of content creating. Youtube videos, blog writings, news, all that sort of stuff. I think it's one of the easiest ways of sharing positivity to other people around the world (although there are definitely pricks out there who uses this opportunity to spread negativity and fear). As long as you're contents are intended to affect people positively, content creating and content sharing would have so many benefits not only to the creator, but also to